Wednesday, June 27, 2012

well here we are again


Oh for heaven's sakes where has the time gone?

Here's the dealio.  I can't keep up. And I don't want to. And I don't have to, because I have been smart enough not to commit to having sponsors. Sometimes to do something right. Like every 10 years or so.

Summer is just too, hummm, (busy? no. scheduled? no. hot? no, not in Carlsbad.) lazy. Summer is too lazy to blog. 

I could give a bunch of lame excuses like we are getting all new flooring and traveling for almost four weeks and I'm focusing on sticking to my workouts.  All these things would be true, but really, I just need to slow down a bit.

I think I will give myself permisson to take a Summer break. Not that I won't be around. If I have a stroke of genius you know I'll be posting it all over the internet. But if I don't, and I want to go to the pool, then I won't be here.

Until after Labor Day.

BUT, you can still connect with me on Instagram. You can find me under Secondsister. I love The Gram! Do you have the app on your phone? It's available for iPhone and Droid.  Get it. You won't be sorry. 



And I leave you with a gift. Because that's how I roll.  

A little gift, to make life with your kids this Summer just a wee bit more organized. 

These job charts are 12X16 inches. I had mine printed out and laminated at Kinkos. It cost me $8.  I laminated so we could use dry erase markers instead of printing a new chart each week. But you could do that too. Whatever! It's Summer! No worries!



My boy earns extra money around the house by doing extra chores. I made these tickets so we can keep track of how many extra chores he has done. Heaven forbid we forget. He has important things to save up for, like gum and legos.


Silly boy. Happy Summer!


I'm going to be sending out my freebies through my email list from now on. Sign up and you can download the charts and tickets and get those kids of yours doing their chores!



3 comments:

Sherry said...

There is no place to be during the summer than with your children when they are these ages. Go. Be. Play. Enjoy. Savour. Make memories. Everything else can just wait. xo

Kari said...

Gum and Legos. Exactly. All boys are the same.
Jack's got a letter sitting here ready to go, but his mother's been too lazy to figure out how to get the rock that he wants to send in the package. I'll get to it.
And it you're coming to the mountains, maybe the boys can hang together for a day. We found a slip-n-slide waterfall that would is all boy--Thom would love it.

Jen said...

I gotta say... I'm with you! Except I've even decided that during the school year I just need to not be on the my blog all the time. I need to be there for my son. Helping with homework. Helping in the class. Or, Helping my hubby when he needs me. (He works from a home office so we end up spending quite a lot of time together during the day too. Family First! the blog? it will be here when you are. :) Take care and don't worry about us strangers. ;)