Monday, November 22, 2010

over the river and through hell

photo by doe-c-doe

Well, we went over the river and through hell and we arrived at Grandmas's house in a snow storm.

It feels so very holidayish here in Utah.  There is snow softly coating the boughs of each pine tree.  It is trimming the fences and topping the mailboxes.  Bright yellow leafs poke out here and there. It's really quite a sight to see.

We had a pie preview night last night. It's a Campbell tradition. One that I highly recommend.  A person can't truly enjoy all that pie has to offer if they are already stuffed with turkey.

All the extended family gathered together at my Aunt Carol's.  We sat around, sampled pie, got caught up on each other's lives and watched all the babies play on the floor.

As hard as it is too travel with my kids, I know this is the good stuff. The stuff they will remember.

My mother did it for me. I will do it for them.

4 comments:

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Holiday travel with little ones sometimes is not a pleasant things but usually it's all worth it in the end. The Pie tasting ceremony sounds like a dream! LOL. Happy Holidays!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful -- have a terrific time. Many blessings to you!

Mindy Gledhill said...

Will I get to see you?!

karlee said...

I'm headed through that same hell today! But going away from it.. my home is in southern Utah where it does not snow on Halloween OR THanksgiving. Snow is for Christmas Only!