Thursday, October 28, 2010

mother me


My mom is coming into town tonight. She lives in a different state and let me tell you, I really miss having her close. She hasn't seen Frankie Valentine since we brought him home from the hospital. She's dying to get her hands on his squishiness.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately and I'm hoping that she will be just the thing I need to get back in my groove. Moms always make you feel better. Unless you are sick in the nurse's office. Then, when your mom finally shows up to take you home you fall apart. After all, the whole class saw you throw up. After an incident like that you can hold it together for the school nurse, but not for your mother.

I'm going to ask my mom to make me some of her chicken noodle soup.  I'll set the table and fill the glasses with water. Just like old times.

Sometimes you just need your mom.  When mothering gets tough, you just need your mom.

**************************

Because I love all you readers (really I do, I'm not kidding, you keep me blogging and blogging keeps me sane) I'm offering another wall paper for November. This one has a calendar which is kind of delightful, if not overdone.


6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love it. Just added it to my desktop. Now I just need to clean up all the icons so I can see all of it

Laura Johnson said...

Hope you have fun with your Mum - I can't wait to see mine at Christmas!

No Big Dill said...

I know. I know.




Now I want mine.

Laurie said...

Mom's are the greatest, hope you are feeling better soon. Love the bird, so pretty. I have to tell you, I am loving your blog, so funny. I love how you tell it like it is, just a delight to read. Glad I found you! And your jewelry is amazing, so pretty...

annetta said...

I chanced upon you through Mindy Gledhill's blog, and I chanced upon hers through Michelle Phan's video...funny how small the world seems at the same time it is vast...I hail from the other side of the globe =) Reading your blog, seeing your art and the stuff you make keeps me sane too =) Thanks for sharing your beautiful life with the world ^_^

Jeanette said...

This is a sweet post. I hope your mom is just the thing you need right now. :)
I still miss my mom terribly. She passed away 12 years ago and never got to meet my kids. But they sure know who their Granny Linda is!
Best to you. I check in from time to time and I think your children are just gorgeous! Cheers~