Sunday, October 03, 2010

i love october don't you?




O hushed October morning mild, 
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall; 
To-morrow's wind, if it be wild, 
Should waste them all. 
The crows above the forest call; 
To-morrow they may form and go. 
O hushed October morning mild, 
Begin the hours of this day slow, 
Make the day seem to us less brief. 
Hearts not averse to being beguiled, 
Beguile us in the way you know; 
Release one leaf at break of day; 
At noon release another leaf; 
One from our trees, one far away; 
Retard the sun with gentle mist; 
Enchant the land with amethyst. 
Slow, slow! 
For the grapes' sake, if they were all, 
Whose leaves already are burnt with frost, 
Whose clustered fruit must else be lost-- 
For the grapes' sake along the wall. 

by Robert Frost (my favorite poet)

5 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

oooh, love the photos and that wonderful poem :) October is my birthday month and my anniversary so I am also looking forward to a wonderful October!!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Gorgeous photos and I like this poem, too. I do love October! How can you not??!!♥ I have a big pumpkin outside my front door, and a little reddish one on my dining room table. All is good in autumn land.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love your mosaic it's wonderful
Carolyn

Debrina said...

Lovely...and down under, here in NZ...we are now finally moving into Spring!!

helenth01 said...

The initiative taken for the concern is very serious and need an attention of every one. This is the concern which exists in the society and needs to be eliminated from the society as soon as possible.
======================
Motorhome For Sale