Wednesday, February 11, 2009

tokens

In honor of Valentine's Day, which is quickly approaching (I better get crackin on my gifts), I give you 5 little things that make me feel loved in a big way.


#1. When Sugar Daddy asks for my opinion on certain things and he listens to what I have to say, I know he sees me as not just his wife, but as person with equal life experience and good judgement.




#2. When people love the gifts I give them so much they cry, I feel loved and happy. Not because they are crying of course. No, that can be a little embarrassing. Just because it reminds me that the things I do are valued.




#3. In our quiet moments, when Thom sits on my lap and plays with my hair and we talk about his day, I know that I am not just his mother. I am his mommy.

#4. Although it drives me absolutely bizerk, I know that my dog, Finnigan, is madly in love with me because he follows me EVERYWHERE.


#5. And last but not lest, I know Sugar Daddy is head over heels for me because when he comes home from work, and there is glitter all over the kitchen floor, canvases, brushes, paint and paper strewn around the table, no dinner in sight and the laundry is crawling up the wall, he kisses me and asks to see what I am working on. Then he clears a spot on the counter and makes us all quesadillas. Now that is love.



5 comments:

Lynnae said...

Awwww!
That is so sweet!

Sherri said...

I love #5... that is love and a very understanding husband! :)

wendy said...

all of those wonderful!!!

April Kennedy said...

Aww...I love that your name is April! i enjoyed your double happiness blog and this one also. Your family is beautiful and your style amazing! thanks for stopping by and visiting.

xoxo

Gaby said...

aww, #5 is so sweet. My husband is the one who usually cooks and especially when I have lots of work to do. Sigh... you guys look really cute together!