Sunday, February 22, 2009

shop girl

Shop Girl by Heidschoetter

One little vice never hurt anyone. Mine just happens to be shopping. I'm not neurotic about it. I don't have closets stashed full of bags of unopened, unworn items. I don't run up credits cards or buy things way out of my price range. I don't shop everyday. It's not an issue. I have it under control.

I think.

But the fact of the matter is that it does make me feel happy. I love to browse the sprawling make-up counters at Nordies. I sniff the perfumes while I nonchalantly gawk at the eccentric Mac employees. I run my fingers over each item that catches my eye. I try on hats and shoes that I would never buy.

For me, shopping is like eating ice cream. It's so much nicer with a friend. I am a social shopper. It's kindof like a social drinker only better. Instead of a designated driver, I need someone reel me in when my "eclectic" sense of style gets a little over board for church on Sunday.


I have never owned a pair of spectators. I think now is the time.

I will own this gorgeous gauzy tunic. If I have to sew and embroider it myself, I will have it.


Hummm, if only I could sew. I guess I just need to do some shopping around. I'm quite positive I can find something very similar. Shopping is one thing I'm pretty good at.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am just the same except that I am NOT a social shopper. I would much rather go alone. I don't know why, I just know that's how it is. I'm pretty good at talking myself out of stuff, and that way I can look at whatever I want without worrying about dragging somebody along, or one of us getting bored. But it honestly makes me happy, especially if I've had a bad day. Love it.

Ilena said...

Beautiful tunic! I would love to be able to sew clothes like that.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! (As well as the rest of your blog)

I have to agree with Emily though, I do better alone.

The Muddy Moose Bath Boutique said...

Lovely blog. Love, Love, Love those shoes!

Laura said...

so when are we meeting and going shopping?

Unknown said...

My favorite place to shop is the fabric store, I love feeling the different fabrics and I love shopping with my friend. But the friend has to be one that loves fabric also. I have a friend that likes to look at patterns. I love the wonderful fabrics. My other favorite shops are the beauty supply store and stationary stores.

Natalie said...

that tunic is heavenly - you would look fabulous in it!

sharad said...

thats a nice sketch from Heidschoetter ....and all the best for your shoppings and other stuffs!:I :):D