Tuesday, February 03, 2009

oh the wheels in her head went round and round

Sugar Daddy is out of town on business. He went to take the deposition of a dying woman. It's all very dramatic and makes for a very saucy story if you are into that kind of thing.

When Ben is gone, I like to create. Art, jewelry, sewing, you name it. I get the bug. However, since he's been gone, I haven't done a single thing. I started to embroider a onesie for a baby shower I am going to on Saturday (heaven help me), but I abandoned that project. I pulled out my fabric stash and looked at it for a really long time before putting it back in the closet. I even did about twelve stitches on a blanket I'm crocheting. Nothing was doing it for me. The nervous energy was killing me.

So I spent some time just looking. This is what I found:

Sometimes, just looking is enough.

Sometimes it calms me down.

But not last night.

I felt even more creative angst than before.

So I bathed the boy in almond and cherry blossom bubble bath. I can get away with stuff like that when his dad is gone. I made a frozen pizza for dinner and we sat on the couch while the boy watched cartoons. He started to nod off so I cuddled him close and smelled his flowery skin and all the nervous energy melted away. Just. Like. That.

8 comments:

Laura said...

your posts calm ME down!
And I am sorry...I forgot to respond to you way back when...
and I would lovde to meet you...but can I lose weight an get a hair cut first???? And chin wax....and botox....

wendy said...

Oh, such a lovely picture with the light the way it falls on him. Purely angelic. Nothing is as wonderful as holding a little one and breathing in their smell (especially after a bath) And all your "finds" are so gorgeous. You seem to surround yourself with beauty.

Bruno and Betty said...

Lovely blog, I"m happy to have found it. I esspecially love the embroidry hoop wall.

Jill said...

As always, I love reading your blog my friend. It's my daily ritual. It was so fun having Ben here last night. I only wish that you and Thom could have come, too. But I sent a little surprise your way. Hope you know it comes with much love!

Megan said...

What a beautiful boy! =]

Tara Bennett said...

You are an amazing photographer. All my nervous energy went away just looking at your photos and your beautiful boy! I can almost smell the cherry blossoms through my monitor!

Tara said...

Beautiful post! and what a gorgeous picture of your boy...love your blog!!! So excited you found me and now i found you....coming back for more!!

Anonymous said...

I just am getting caught up on your posts, my dear, and I know exactly what you mean. I just wrote in my journal 2 days ago that "it amazes me how 3 little souls can eradicate mine, in a single moment."