Thursday, February 26, 2009

cronies


companion; partner; comrade; crony; confidant; ally;compeer; peep; playmate; chum; cobber; buddy; associate; colleague; confrere; compatriot; consociate; cohort; mate; friend

I asked Jenny what she thought of a baby name I like. She said it sounded like a hillbilly name, but it didn't matter because any name I choose she would eventually love.

We were on a run. We have great talks when we run together. We once ran a half marathon together. Jenny wanted to stop running at mile eleven. I told her no, just keep running. When the finish line came into view, she sprinted ahead and crossed before me.

I forgave her for that. Mostly.

Another time we went on vacation and she took care of the cat while we were away. He pooped and peed all over the place and Jenny had to deal with it. I should just mention that she DOES NOT like animals.

She forgave me. Kind of.

There was also the time I didn't make it to her daughter's baptism.

Still paying for that one.

The very best time spent with Jenny is when we say nothing at all. Every year we while away our summers at the beach. We arrange our chairs arm to arm and stretch out our legs. We read fashion magazines and eat snacks. And if something interesting happens to walk by, we don't speak. We just tilt our sunglasses and give the "look".

With us, words are superfluous.

**************************************

Here's a little peek at what I have been working on at my bench. I have been thinking about adding to my adoption line for some time now. I finally came up with the perfect piece.


Inscribed in Latin: "Auxilio Ab Alto" (with help from on high)

It's very simple and very wearable. Of all the pieces I have created, this one most closely reflects the feelings in my heart regarding adoption. I hope other people feel the same.

It will be part of the adoption line, however, I think most of my adoption piece can be used in other ways. For example, this ring could be given as a good luck gift to anyone starting a new endeavour.

I'm not sure when the spring collection will be available. Hopefully by the first part of April.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE this ring April! Let me know when it's available for sale. Maybe I'll have to talk to Mr. H and see if he'll let me splurge!

Love you lots! Can't wait until our next visit together!

Emily said...

I LOVED this post. Loved. I wish I had a friend like that to while the summer away with--and a beach, for that matter, as long as I'm wishing.

Kristal said...

Hi April!
Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment. Yes, I love comments too! Wow, I have never stopped by your blog before, but your jewelry is beautiful! I will definitely be coming back for more!

tollestrupfamily said...

Am I in close enough proximity to join the runs? I still miss our run chats. I need to sit on the beach and ay nothing, but you know me I will have to fill the silince with all sorts of nonsense.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to Jenny. I LOVE the ring. My birthday is coming up, I may have to buy it for myself for my birthday.

lulusparkles said...

the ring is beautiful( i will for sure be watching for it!) and the post was equally lovely!
have a happy weekend

Jeanette said...

Makes my miss my best cronie, Sally! Thanks for sharing this post! Jeanette