Monday, September 22, 2008

wannabe

The weekend was completely exhausting, exhilarating, frustrating, satisfying and fun. Oh, and did I say exhausting?





The Anahata workshop was amazing. Ana is amazing. She is so loose and free when she paints. Nothing is an accident or unfixable. I could really use a big dose of what she has. Not only does she have wonder talent, she is a completely warm and charismatic person to boot. If I didn't love her, I'd hate her.

We worked on two projects. I hated the piece I did the first day. It has since grown on me and I will be working on it some more to see if I can make it "wall worthy". I ended up really liking the piece I did yesterday. I went into the project with a clear concept in my mind. As I worked my ideas changed and evolved, but the piece still became what I wanted it to be. I will be framing it and putting it up in the nursery. Someday my little girl will look at it and know she was in my heart long before she was born.


I am now completely obsessed with college. I have two canvases that are whispering my name, and a pile of laundry that is screaming. Ahhh- such is the plight of a wannabe artist housewife.

The winner of the Trash Ties is Jill, the girl who left the second comment. The the winner of the birthday banner is Michelle. Congratulations! I'm excited for you. Ladies, please contact me with your shipping information.

This Friday I've got hand printed stationary and children's clothes to give away so stop by!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You sound like a wonderful family.
I hope your daughter arrives soon.
As an adoptee myself I know what joy it is being part of a happy family.

Kari said...

Hey, what happened to your dating? I just noticed that you are posting in 2009. I know I'm a bit slow at times, but I don't think I'm a full year behind. (At least I hope I'm not.)

Anonymous said...

OH MY HEACK! April that piece is absolutely gorgeous. I can't even tell you how much I LOVE it. This is gonna sound weird but it actually made me emotional.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that collage!

Ps: I just read your comment on the sidebar about loving comments, I'm totally the same way! I love comments so much it's sad (:

Michelle said...

I can't believe I won! So excited! Thank you! I'm off to buy some of those trash ties because they are so cool!