Wednesday, September 03, 2008

loose change

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
-Joe Fox from the movie You've Got Mail


I'm back from vacation, and I must say, I'm really feeling loose and ready for change. Maybe it's the season. Although where we live we don't experience much of a Autumn. This is the one and only time of year, that for a very brief moment, I miss living in Omaha. We lived in Nebraska for three years while Sugar Daddy went to school. If you live in the Mid-West, please don't take offense, but I must say, it is not a joyful place to live. Especially if you are dirt poor, starving students. But the Fall! My word, the Fall in Omaha was sensational. It lasts for exactly three weeks and then the bitter, biting cold rushes in to ruin your life.



But really, I feel ready to shake things up a little. I will be launching my new jewelry line on the 15th. I'm not sure how many pieces I will be able to get done by then. The boy goes back to school tomorrow so I should be able to spend a fair amount of time at my bench over the next week or so. I have gleaned inspiration for my product photos from the pics I have posted here. I have some really old wooden spools that have been kicking around my house for years. I think I'll put them to good use. I am also toying with the idea of using fiber. I think a ball of yarn just screams possibility, don't you?

2 comments:

Kari said...

Fall is always better back east. And the idea of "newly sharpened pencils?" Love it.

Anonymous said...

Love the quote and especially the first photograph.