Friday, August 08, 2008

public service announcement


I am a total believer in yoga. I think it is extremely beneficial in reducing stress, losing weight, lengthening and toning muscles and preventing injury. I haven't been practicing lately because I have really been concentrating on aerobic exercise. I know that I need to get back into yoga to help with my weight loss, so today I went to class.

The public service announcement is this: at the end of class, when the yoga teacher turns on the hypnotic music and tells you to close your eyes and take the savasana (resting) pose, don't actually relax all the way or you may just fall asleep.

I woke up just in time to see the teacher leave the room. The thing that really sucks is that I really enjoyed the class and I was planning on going every week, but now I don't know if I can show my face there again. Did I flinch in my sleep? Did I droll, snore - or heaven forbid- fart, as I lay there? Did I look like a disheveled drunkard with my mouth open and yesterday's sunburn across my shoulders and chest?

I can't recall a time that I have ever fallen asleep in public before. So the question is- why am I so tired? Maybe I had so many toxins (ahem-Redbulls) in my system that they all leached out during my workout and I was left with no caffeine in my blood. If this is what life is like caffeine free, I'm staying on the sauce.

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Oh April...you make me smile every day! Thank you!